Thursday 9 August 2012

HORROR IS REALLY HORROR


Time 6 pm. Amar who is 14 years old is waiting for his friends
                                      *           *           *

Jesus, I am not supposed to believe these fellows. Every time they are giving an excellent hand to me. Oh God! why are you creating these difficulties only to me!! I don’t know how to solve these. I am not sure even if we can get the tickets or not. Thank God!! At last Naina and Prasad arrived. We made our way towards the theatre, to my horror, we saw the board ,'HOUSEFUL'. I scolded my friends as this happened because of them. We moved to the next theatre. Every where we saw the same situation.  My mind tuned to watch a movie. So, I took them to another theatre. The situation was really cool as it was not much crowded though it was Sunday. But once I saw the movie name, I frightened. The name was “HAUNTED HOUSE”. It was a horror movie. I had never seen any horror movie and I said the same to Naina and Prasad. Naina refused but Prasad started saying “As you are really interested in horror I will show what real horror is. The only thing you have to do is just go and get the tickets for three of us”. We entered the theatre and I settled between them. After a few minutes I have learned what horror is! To my horror, Prasad is sleeping. This fellow is wasting my 100 bucks. But Naina is watching.
“Naina are you enjoying the movie? “
“Shut up Amar! this is a dirty film and you brought me here”
After some time,I have seen a freighting face on the screen. I held Naina’s hand in fear.
“Amar what are you doing?"
“Don’t ask me any questions Naina, please cooperate with me “
“What? “
“Don’t ask any questions. I am not in a situation to answer “
“I am leaving “
“You can’t waste my 100 bucks “
“Go to hell with your 100 bucks “
By saying these words, Naina left. What happened to her? Now I have to watch the movie alone and I watched the entire movie to at least save my 100 bucks. After the completion of movie, I woke him up.
“Was the movie completed “
“Of course Prasad. Let us go”
“Where is Naina?”
“In her house”
“What?”
“She left for house in the middle of the movie. I don’t know what happened to her. I think she is frightened”.
“Every one may not be as braver as you”
“Of course that is also correct, but Prasad, I have a simple doubt, “does ghosts exist” ”.
“According to the fundamental concepts of ..”
“Don’t tell those bloody concepts Prasad, just say yes or no”
“Yes”
“How can you say that?”
“Fish knows how to swim and Bird knows how to fly. In the same way ..”
“Oh! Stop it and tell me what you know about ghosts..does they really exist?”
He explained the entire concepts starting from the fundamentals including the basic definitions of ghosts. That night I didn’t get the sleep. I have unnecessarily asked this fellow what is what. I spent time hugging my pillow and chanting slokas that night.
                          *                     *                *
At last I have learned that horror is really horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment